Since we’re celebrating our tenth anniversary, and Scooter LOVES to celebrate birthdays, we thought it would be fun to look up how to wish someone a happy birthday in other languages. So, here are some ways to say words of cheer for a birthday celebration. Maybe you have someone special in your life who would appreciate hearing those joyful words in their native tongue.
Spanish – “Feliz Cumpleaños!”
- Pronounced: fuh-leez coomplee-anyos
Chinese (Cantonese) – “Sun Yat Fai Lok!”
- Pronounced: sàang yaht faai lohk
Italian – “Buon Compleanno!”
- Pronounced: bwohn com-play-ah-no
Japanese – “O-tanjoubi omedetou gozaimasu!”
- Pronounced: oh tan jo bee oh meh deh toe go zha ee mas
Tagalog – “Maligayang Bati sa iyong kaarawan!”
- Pronounced: mah lee guy yong bah tee sah eeyong kah ah da wan
French – “Joyeux Anniversaire!”
- Pronounced: zhwa-yeuz ah-nee-vair-SAIR
Vietnamese – “Chuc Mung Sinh Nhat!”
- Pronounced: jook mung shin nyaht
German – “Alles Gute zum Geburtstag!”
- Pronounced: ah lays gootah zoom gehboorst tahg
Korean – “Saengil chukha Hamnida!”
- Pronounced: Sen hill chook kah hahm nee dah
Russian – “S dniom razhdjenia!”
- Pronounced: suh din yome rohz deen yeh
Hawaiian – “Hau’oli la hanau!”
- Pronounced: how oh lee lah hah now
Farsi – “Tavalodet Mobarek!”
- Pronounced: tah vah loo det moo bah rek
Irish (Gaelic) – “Lá breithe sona duit!”
- Pronounced: law bre-heh hunn-ah dwitch
If you can’t find one you’re looking for on our list, here’s a great website that lists birthday greetings in many different languages and dialects.
How much fun is that? Do you have a favorite?
About Scooter’s Jungle:
Scooter’s Jungle is your neighborhood destination for private family fun in a safe, clean and active tropical-themed setting. Our award-winning facility offers worry-free birthday parties, open play, school fundraisers, team events, and fresh homemade pizza. Plus, our perfectly-sized equipment allows kids and parents to play together creating an active, memorable, and fun-filled experience where everyone is treated like jungle royalty.