Make a New Year’s Resolution List with your kids
The start of the new year is a great time to help your children focus on forming good habits. Goal setting teaches children how to be responsible and is an important part of their development. They learn to make commitments and how to follow through with such commitments. Setting a New Year’s resolution is a prime example of setting an important goal, and it’s best to start this habit from a young age. Sit down with your child and come up with a few New Year’s resolution ideas that are both realistic for them and appropriate for their age and stage of development. if you need a few New Year’s resolution ideas for kids, here’s some that are very appropriate for many ages:
- I will keep my room clean.
- I will have a fruit or veggie with every meal.
- I will try new foods.
- I will go to bed at a decent hour.
- I will exercise for at least a half hour each day.
- I will be sure to do my homework before anything else after school.
- I will do all of my chores without complaining
- I will watch less TV.
- I will brush my teeth each morning and night.
- I’ll be nice to every kid, especially ones that may not have other friends.
- I will memorize my address and phone number, and never give these out to strangers!
- I won’t talk back to my parents.
- I will read a new book each (day, week, month, whichever is age appropriate)
Along with these suggestions listed above we at Scooter’s Jungle believe prioritizing your family and personal relationships will set a strong example for your children and allow them to develop happy, healthy relationships themselves. Think about what would make your relationship with your children even more meaningful.
Happy New Year!
1 thought on “Make a New Year’s Resolution List with your kids”
Very informative put up! This submit gives sincerely exceptional statistics. I locate that this put up is simply first rate. Thanks for this quick explanation and very nice information.