Pulling off the perfect birthday bash for a kid is sometimes tricky as you may overlook something you think is trivial but which means a lot to the kid. The costumes, food and drinks, games, décor and much more must be gotten right for the kid to feel the bash was good and amply entertain her/his friends.
The best way to ensure everything is considered and taken care of is by having a checklist of activities and items needed.
- Make a guest list and a budget
- Choose 2-3 dates and time agreeable to the must attend guests – give special consideration to your child’s best friend(s) and close family members availability.
- Look for a birthday venue if not having the party at home
- Choose the party theme and décor
- Select menu. If you want the food catered for by a catering firm, look for one and make the menu together
- Send invites. Digital invites work better for easier RSVPs and Thank you notes
You will need different preparations depending on whether the party is being held at home or at an outside birthday venue. If the bash will be away from home;
- Check whether all needed décor items are purchased
- Check out the party favors offered at the venue. Look quality stuffed animals and goodie bags and see if the venue allows you flexibility to pay for ONLY the amount used of these items so you can pre-order larger quantities to ensure no last minute run-outs.
If you engage a birthday venue, let them run everything so that you are stress free. Let them decide on the what/when/why/where questions of the bash. The venue usually has a timeline that works well to ‘Make it All Happen’.
- Review the venue website and brochure to see what to expect before, during and after the bash.
- Confirm what can and cannot be brought to the venue,
- Book party décor items like balloons through the venue,
- Confirm that venue has standard utensils, discuss color of utensils to ensure they match with your theme.
If the party is at home ensure;
- The needed kitchen and table wares have been bought. Take an inventory of forks, plates, knives, cups, cake lighter, and serving utensils and buy anything missing
- Order whatever party rental you will need (Tables and chairs)
- Schedule the cleaning service 1-2 days before
- Plan for 2-3 hours of activity and games
- Order entertainment services (Inflatables, trains, reptiles, characters…etc.)
- Plan for a cleaning service to come 1-2 days after the event to get your house back to normal.
2-3 days before the party;
- Confirm with the birthday venue regarding guest counts / give-aways / food / timeline
- Assemble all needed items not provided at the venue; drinks, costumes, goodie bags etc
- Prepare the camera with fresh batteries
1 day before the party
- Buy perishable food items and chill the drinks
- Pick up the cake
- For a home party prepare food items that can be refrigerated
- Designate an assistant to help you out
- Decorate before guests arrive
- Have a gift check-in system
- Prep thank you cards
- Prep the birthday kid on how to say thank you
After the party
- Share photos and videos on social media
- Send Thank You notes
Birthday parties are a big deal. The invites, the prep time, the entertainment, presents, the decor, the food, the cake. If you’re throwing a party at home you can’t forget to take inventory of kitchen items and tableware for the party, purchase everything you are missing. Don’t forget to schedule time to clean your home before and after the mess, ordering party rental equipment, and plan activities for 2-3 hours of your personal home invasion.
It’s easy to forget about all-of-the-above when you are planning your next kids birthday party, but for some of us, it happens every year. We find ourselves spending far more than we expect while trying to “make things easy” or “save money”. Does this sound familiar?
If you’ve already sent the invitations, booked the party clown and hired the taco-guy, you might be in for a repeat, but for everyone else there’s Scooter’s Jungle.
Scooter’s Jungle is conveniently located throughout Los Angeles County, Orange County, and Ventura County. Each venue offers a complete party itinerary to keep your party-goers entertained, with age appropriate arenas, dining rooms and event supplies on hand.
There’s more…reserving your next private birthday party at a Scooter’s Jungle near you gives you access to our professional event planners, clean facilities, made in-house fresh pizza, balloons available to match any theme and party favors that start at just $3 each.
During your visit expect to be part of the FUN. Your itinerary may include sliding down the tallest, longest inflatable slides, obstacle courses, zip-lines, air hockey, tricycle races, and much, much more.
Throwing your next Birthday Party at Scooter’s Jungle will help you avoid many of the pains that you’ll face when having a party at home, from planning, to cost, to cleanup. Call today to talk to our party planners or reserve your next party.
As you may recall, we recently announced Scooter’s Jungle Franchise Opportunity Webinars for Thursday, July 11th at 3PM PT and 7PM PT respectively. Well, due to the overwhelming number of requests for additional opportunities to participate in the webinars, we have scheduled two more webinars. These webinars are scheduled for July 18th and will also be presented at 3PM PT and 7PM PT respectively.
That’s four webinars that will provide participants with a better understanding of the qualifications necessary to becoming a part of the Scooter’s Jungle franchise family.
So, if your interest is to explore franchising as a career alternative, as a way to control one’s own destiny, or as a vehicle to achieve long-term wishes, hopes and dreams, we highly recommend you attend one of these four webinars. And, if you so desire, please feel free to attend multiple webinars and invite your spouse or partner to join you!
For more information about the webinars and/or to reserve a seat, as space is limited, please visit the appropriate webinar registration sites listed below:
We look forward to your participation at one of our franchise opportunity webinars. If your schedule does not permit your attendance this week or next, and you are interested in learning more about our opportunity, please feel free to call us at (949) 349-9559.
We are longtime fans of the Orange County Mom Blog. Blogger Shelby brought her whole family out to Family Fun Night at the Aliso Viejo location and documented it all here. We especially love her Scooter’s Jungle tips including:
- Everybody needs to wear socks
- Moms – don’t wear a skirt. You are 99.9% going to want to play on all the giant slides
- Scooter’s Jungle will provide crackers and lemonade to keep the kids hydrated during play
- A safety waiver will need to be completed before play