Pulling off the perfect birthday bash for a kid is sometimes tricky as you may overlook something you think is trivial but which means a lot to the kid. The costumes, food and drinks, games, décor and much more must be gotten right for the kid to feel the bash was good and amply entertain her/his friends.
The best way to ensure everything is considered and taken care of is by having a checklist of activities and items needed.
- Make a guest list and a budget
- Choose 2-3 dates and time agreeable to the must attend guests – give special consideration to your child’s best friend(s) and close family members availability.
- Look for a birthday venue if not having the party at home
- Choose the party theme and décor
- Select menu. If you want the food catered for by a catering firm, look for one and make the menu together
- Send invites. Digital invites work better for easier RSVPs and Thank you notes
You will need different preparations depending on whether the party is being held at home or at an outside birthday venue. If the bash will be away from home;
- Check whether all needed décor items are purchased
- Check out the party favors offered at the venue. Look quality stuffed animals and goodie bags and see if the venue allows you flexibility to pay for ONLY the amount used of these items so you can pre-order larger quantities to ensure no last minute run-outs.
If you engage a birthday venue, let them run everything so that you are stress free. Let them decide on the what/when/why/where questions of the bash. The venue usually has a timeline that works well to ‘Make it All Happen’.
- Review the venue website and brochure to see what to expect before, during and after the bash.
- Confirm what can and cannot be brought to the venue,
- Book party décor items like balloons through the venue,
- Confirm that venue has standard utensils, discuss color of utensils to ensure they match with your theme.
If the party is at home ensure;
- The needed kitchen and table wares have been bought. Take an inventory of forks, plates, knives, cups, cake lighter, and serving utensils and buy anything missing
- Order whatever party rental you will need (Tables and chairs)
- Schedule the cleaning service 1-2 days before
- Plan for 2-3 hours of activity and games
- Order entertainment services (Inflatables, trains, reptiles, characters…etc.)
- Plan for a cleaning service to come 1-2 days after the event to get your house back to normal.
2-3 days before the party;
- Confirm with the birthday venue regarding guest counts / give-aways / food / timeline
- Assemble all needed items not provided at the venue; drinks, costumes, goodie bags etc
- Prepare the camera with fresh batteries
1 day before the party
- Buy perishable food items and chill the drinks
- Pick up the cake
- For a home party prepare food items that can be refrigerated
- Designate an assistant to help you out
- Decorate before guests arrive
- Have a gift check-in system
- Prep thank you cards
- Prep the birthday kid on how to say thank you
After the party
- Share photos and videos on social media
- Send Thank You notes
What makes a birthday party special? Is it the guests, the place, the food, the host or the birthday child?
The Guests: Inviting relatives that really “rock the world” of the birthday child is where the memories start. Of all the birthday kids friends who may become life-long friends, narrow down those 2-5 that are very important. Choose a date / time that matches their schedules, so the party has the most important ingredient – the people.
- Choose a theme, aged appropriate location for the birthday child & friends to play that has enough space for the adults to also celebrate.
- Secondly, the place should be clean, lively and address the FUN needs of all ages in your group.
- When parents can play along with the children, the stars align and memories happen! Choose a place that lights up the birthday child’s smile and has something for all ages attending the party.
The Food: Choose foods that are kid friendly, with adult appeal. Pizza is a go-to kid friendly food with cheese and pepperoni always a favorite. Since adults like more flavors, offer BBQ Chicken, Zesty, and/or Veggie. Scooter’s Jungle Chicken Tenders or Mini Corn Dogs are also available. Fruit and veggies are party favorites with grapes and carrots leading the pack. Parents enjoy all the varieties of a good veggie platter with a tangy dip. Speaking of dips; chips and salsa are also a fan favorite!
The Host: Hosts (okay moms) never seem to enjoy the party, they are always the one organizing and making sure everything is done and all the guests are being helped. Imagine a worry-free party with no clean-up! At Scooter’s Jungle we provide the venue, help you plan ahead, provide electronic invites, prepare the food, offer goodie bags, the music, set up the room, prepare the food, document the gifts and pack you all up when you’re done and even provide you with e-thank you notes. So now you can finally enjoy the celebration from beginning to end.
The Birthday Child: It does not get any better than celebrating with the King or Queen of the event! It’s their special day!
Birthdays, Special Events = FUN Memories
Scooter’s Jungle is the neighborhood destination to celebrate worry-free birthday parties in a safe, clean and active tropical-themed setting. The award-winning facility offers worry-free birthday parties, open play, school fundraisers, team events, and fresh homemade pizza. Plus, our perfectly-sized equipment allows kids and parents to play together creating an active, memorable, and fun-filled experience where everyone is treated like jungle royalty. Come try it out and see for yourself!
Inflatables continue to gain in popularity, but there’s a big difference between choosing an indoor facility that offers a private, safe, clean and fun experience vs. renting a bounce house for an outdoor gathering at your home or elsewhere.
Scooter’s Jungle places high importance on safety, and when you play in our facility, you can rest assured that our equipment is well maintained, anchored and never rented. We operate our facilities in the highest of operational industry standards to ensure a safe and fun experience. Our trained staffers monitor and supervise playtime and the dining room experience for the ultimate family and friends gatherings.
After ten years of operations, Scooter’s Jungle is an industry leader, providing indoor supervised facilities that are private, safe and fun. Play on our custom equipment and enjoy homemade pizza straight from our “A” rated kitchens. Don’t stress about the details – let us handle everything, including the supervision of activities in our playground, while you create a lifetime of memories.
Scooter’s Jungle in Aliso Viejo gives kids and parents the chance to be wild.
By AMANDA PAZORNIK / The Orange County Register
Sharon and Scott Diener live their lives in a jungle – or at least it feels that way sometimes.
The pair owns Scooter’s Jungle, a facility filled with a huge inflatable slide, a tropical bounce house, a rope swing and more for kids and adults.
Hi Kiddos! Scooter here, from Scooter’s Jungle. What? You’ve never heard of Scooter’s Jungle? Then I’m the guy to tell you all about it because, lucky me—I live there! Scooter’s Jungle is an awesome place for kids and grown-ups to jump, play, and have a blast on huge inflatables, massive play structures and lots of other “active” games and toys! I work hard on my homework just like you, but when I’m done, I love having fun on all the totally cool equipment. My favorites are the ginormous slides and the zippy zip-line, but I like playing air hockey and bouncing in the inflatable bounce house too! You know what else I love? I LOVE playing at the amazing kids birthday parties at Scooter’s Jungle. They’re so much fun and I know moms, dads and parents have a great time too. My amazing team makes sure everything is taken care of from start to finish, so all Mom and Dad have to do is play and have fun too! And did I mention that we have the yummiest food that you can serve to your party guests? Our fresh home-made pizzas, corn dog minis, and chicken bites are so good it makes my tummy happy! We have everything you need to have a Scooterific party, school fundraiser, sports team event. We even have Toddler Time and drop in Open Play times too. Take it from me, there’s no place more awesomesauce than Scooter’s Jungle. So be sure and tell Mom or Dad to go to my website at http://scooter.coalitionteam.com and get on my email list as fast as you can so I can send you an invitation to come play in the “jungle”. Hope to see you soon and don’t forget your socks!