For community groups, interest groups, and all kinds of organizations, raising funds is an ongoing concern.
To ensure that your fundraising event is a success, we’ve put together some great tips to get you started.
1.Choose a Venue That Everybody Will Love
One of the first elements you should think about when organizing your fundraiser is the location. The venue should be able to accommodate the crowd you expect and deliver an experience that will appeal to everybody.
Whether your organization is a school, a sports club, or a religious group, having an event that caters to children and community is a sure-fire way to ensure attendance. Scooter’s Jungle has a lot of experience hosting fundraisers, so you can spend less time managing your group and focus on connecting with your supporters. Fundraisers held at Scooter’s Jungle can easily raise in the range of $400 – $800, and your attendees will be glad they came.
Some of the criteria you should consider when choosing a venue:
- The size and capacity: will it accommodate your group?
- Event assistance: will the venue provide assistance in managing your event?
- The cost: is it in your budget?
- Parking: is there a dedicated lot for your visitors?
- Permits: do you need a special permit?
- Hours and availability: can the venue accommodate your ideal time and date? Book well in advance to ensure you get what you want!
- Food and drink: do they have popular food options for your visitors and will they let you sell snacks/baked goods to increase your fundraising profits?
- Entertainment: does the venue provide entertainment so that you do not have to organize it?
- Support and Commitment: will you have a key contact at the venue who will help you with all the details before, during, and after the event?
Scooter’s Jungle ticks all these boxes and then some. We offer full pre-and-post event support, including marketing help with invites, banners, and event planning to include clean up when it’s all done. There is plenty of on-site parking available at our locations, and there are no permits or special arrangements to be made.
2.Put the Word Out
Organizations have members who are passionate about what they do, so when you’re sending out invites, you’ve got a ready audience.
Here are some tips for boosting attendance:
- Use multiple party invite strategies. Not everybody uses the same platforms to communicate. Be sure you have a nice printed invitation, a digital invite that you can send via email, and be sure to make it front-and-center on your website. Make it as easy as possible for people to decide to attend, purchase tickets, or RSVP.
- Leverage your social network. Reach out to your supporters on social media. For a few dollars, you might even consider “boosting” your post to be sure it reaches everybody in your intended audience.
- Start getting people excited well in advance. Tease your audience just a little bit with an early campaign designed to build awareness of your event. Put together a fun-infused “funnel” of communications that encourage your recipients to respond. Gamify the process with trivia questions or contests that make them want to open your next email.
Remember – you can’t say fundraiser without saying FUN! When you’re ready to book your event, we’re here to help. Reach out today, and let us help you make your group’s fundraiser a big success.